Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Making cookies, eating cookies and um.....

Every year I make 4 bazillion cookies for Clay's work. I'm happy to do it. He is such a blessing to me and it honors me to be able to let him be "that guy". He likes being the guy who walks in with the mass amounts of tins of cookies. He likes being that guy who can take tins down to the Union office and give them to the head guys. He likes looking not just respected at work but respected at home as well.

But man I make A LOT of cookies. This year is was 10 kinds of cookies and many batches of each kind. 800 cookies maybe? We won't get into how many I ate. We just won't. You can imagine all on your own. If your imagination wants to be kind about it, I'll appreciate it.

I learned a couple of things yesterday in my cookie madness.

1. - I want, no I need, to remember just how gross eating sugar makes my body feel. After a day with way too much sugar, boy did I feel gross. In fact I feel even worse today, the day after with my body working to recover from a day with too high blood sugar.

2. - I want, no I need, to have t-tapp principles become natural. SO many times I found myself realizing how horrible I was standing, things like that. AND I got to the end of the day and poked around online and realized that not ONCE had I thought to do some Hoedowns to deal with my raised blood sugar. I have been getting into the habit of doing PBS (Primary Back Stretch) before bed hoping that will help my back. But had I been standing tight and tucked to protect my back and ribs up, lats set I would have had much less back soreness today.

No comments:

Post a Comment