Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Dieting Makes You Fat

So I'm reading a great book called "the Overfed Head". It's by Rob Stevens. His site is HERE. I was fortunate enough to get the book when he was giving away free for a short time. But it's not expensive as far as ebooks go at $11.95. It's a worthwhile read in my opinion. It comes HIGHLY recommended to me from a friend who's a long term tapper and someone who has conquered weight once and for all. That's the kind of testimony I appreciate.
It's about learning to eat what your body needs, eat what you love and not obsess about food or diet. It was recommended by a friend. It instantly reminded me of how good ole Charlotte said she had learned to eat. The whole book is stuffed with nuggets of wisdom but I just read something in it that made a light bulb go off about dieting. I appreciate the science of weight loss. And this will open your eyes as well.

"when you diet, the weight you lose is composed of water, fat, and muscle. When you go off the diet, the weight you regain is mostly fat and water. So with every diet you are changing your fat-to-lean ration for the worse. That means you need fewer calories to maintain your current weigh than you would need if you weighed the same but had never dieted."

Yeah. Read it again. Failed diets (and 99.9% of them fail) actually make you FATTER and make it harder and harder to lose weight. I NEED to learn to stop obsessing about food. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment